Monday, January 28, 2008

Snow Days



Today is a snow day. I didn't really want it to be a snow day, I actually wanted to go to work. When I have done other jobs in the past I have always wanted snow days so I can stay home and play. Now that I am a life coach I love my work days, they feel like play to me.

Sometimes the universe has other ideas for me! I am doing some work from home, but I am also enjoying the snow day, and I think there are some relationship lessons I can learn from this. Here they are:
  1. Most of us don't get enough time to play as adults. I bet some of you think that play is for kids. How wrong you are! The first thing everyone should do on a snow day is play. This morning when I went for my walk with my dog, I asked my husband to go along so that we could play in the snow. We enjoyed walking in six inches of glorious powder where no one else except for a rabbit had gone before. We watched my dog who is a Husky/German shepherd mix enjoy the excitement of fresh snow. We threw a few snowballs, and of course we made a few snow angels!
  2. The second thing to do is relax. This is the time to come in sit beside a fire if you have one, and drink hot liquids. Get out the hot chocolate, the marshmallows, the brandy, whatever works for you and enjoy. Is there a movie you have been putting off watching or a book you haven't read because of lack of time, NOW is the time
  3. If you and your partner are stuck at home together, and you haven't had time to talk recently or to relax together, to make love, to snuggle on the couch, a snow day is the perfect time to catch up with each other.
  4. If you are single or alone you can use a snow day to stay in your pajamas all day long, read trashy magazines or novels, take a hot bath, make yourself a nice pot of soup, and catch up on friends and relatives by phone or email.

Whatever you choose to do on a snow day, make sure you take time to treat yourself to some relaxation and pleasure and make it an enjoyable day! That's exactly what I plan to do.

Marquita

No comments: