Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Spring Break



It is time to give yourself a break! Yes, YOU.


When was the last time you spent time with yourself and enjoyed just being?


I was asking myself the same question earlier this week. I have (supposedly) taken the week off. My granddaughters are here as they are out of school for the week and usually spend time with me during breaks.


I have a lot of work that is also due this week, consequently the word supposedly. I have learned a few tools along the way for relaxing even during times when we are busy or have obligations to meet.


Here are a few of them:

  • Every day I get up a half hour earlier than I need to. This half hour is all mine. I get a cup of coffee, curl up on the couch and do nothing for the full length of time.

  • When I have to get some work done, I allow myself time to play first. This makes the work go a lot faster when I am feeling like my needs are met.

  • Make a list of all you have to do for the day and then Bag It, Barter It, or Better It.

  • Bag It means: Is this something that is really necessary for me to do today or at all? If the answer is no, then don't do it, Bag It.

  • To Barter It means: Can someone else do this for me? What do I need to do for them in exchange? If someone else can help, then Barter It.

  • To Better It means: Is there some way I can make this project more fun, or easier to do. If so, then Better It.

  • Lastly if you can't take the whole week off, then take at least one day during the week where you do only what you feel like doing. I am doing this tomorrow, as I am going to the coast and spending time with family, and just relaxing.

This week, where can you use some of these tools to make your life more peaceful and relaxing for you? Or better yet, what tools do you already use to do this? And how can you use them this week?

Marquita

2 comments:

Bruno LoGreco said...

Those are very helpful. Thank you!

Marquita said...

Bruno,

Awesome! Thanks for the comment! I love to write and have people enjoy these posts.

Marquita